28.8.15

off to school!

Well, our first baby is officially in Kindergarten. After the smiling tears have dried, I'm really excited about it. For her - she's so ready and eager to learn. She's so brave. Her school is 100% French and there are only two other children for whom French isn't their first language in her class, but there she was with a smile on her face.


The first day is only one hour and with a parent, which is so wonderful! They're really sensitive to transitions, even though the vast majority of these kids have been in full-time daycare since their mom's maternity leave ended on their first birthday. The following few days are also one hour, but without parents. Then in September she'll officially start a full day of school, and come home for lunch every day. All told, she's really only there for 2.5 hours in the morning and 2.5 hours in the afternoon, with a 1.5 hour lunch break at home in the middle. I plan to write more about why we're passionate about public schools and going to the local school, especially from a Christian perspective, but for now the most important thing: first day of school pictures!



2 comments:

  1. So cute Emily!

    I'm curious as to know why you are so passionate about public schools! I'll stay tuned...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to write on it for years, literally! But felt I should wait until I actually had a child in public school to voice my opinions. I will write about it soon!

      Delete